Computer literacy is defined as the knowledge and ability to use Computers and technology efficiently. Another valuable component of Computer literacy is knowing how Computers work and operate. This later component is for advanced users or operators who may want to be Computer engineers. Knowing and having the ability to use Computers is mile stone into the global community.
Why Is Computer Literacy Necessary?
There are a lot of things you will need the Computer for directly or indirectly in this present age of ours. Either you use it directly or someone is using it on your behalf. Some reasons why you have to be Computer literate are as listed below:
1. When looking for job, your employers require that you be Computer literate, as Computer could be a basic tool you will have to use.
2. In most places of business, Computer is standard. For example, in the banks Computers are used for banking transactions and to look up customer’s account information. In some auto repair shop Computers are used to assess electronic and other faults in cars.
3. In schools Computers are used for student’s registration and admission, accounting, exams and records. School libraries are database of books. No more use of library cards.
4. In some Hospitals and Clinics patient information are stored in Computers. Doctors must know how to retrieve such information to treat a patient.
5. To send or receive electronic mails you need to learn how to use the Computer and the Internet or you pay someone to do it for you.